Pages

Friday 8 July 2016

activity 1 winter holiday blogging

Activity 1: Let’s imagine that you were alive 2792 years ago and invited to compete in the first ever ancient Olympic Games. Which of these events: running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing and pentathlon would you compete in? Click on the name of the sport and it will take you to a site that tells you about the sport. On your blog tell us which sport you would choose and why you chose it.

What I wold choose is horse riding because it would be great and fun it would probably be the easiest but it will be less active and less dangerous it would be really safe to be in running I wouldn't be much fit at wrestling would be really dangerous even boxing and pankration.Did you know that you had to do pankration naked it looked really silly and it also would be so dangerous that you could die  that would have been really harsh.Horse ridding you get to you get to ride on a horse and to win the race it would be really safe to do u'n like the rest.Doing horse ridding would be REALLY AMAZING you get to feel your hair brush threw the air and it would be really peaceful it would feel great but it would actually be really hard    

trying to speed up the horse it would be really REALLY HARD!!!.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tihi,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey!! I am so happy that you have joined us this holiday!

    I really enjoyed reading your first post and I think that you have made a great choice by choosing horse riding. The boxing and wrestling would be very difficult and, given that pankration is a combination of the two, I think it would be even harder!

    Have you had the chance to ride a horse before? I have never ridden one but I would really like to. I think that it would feel amazing to gallop along with the wind blowing in my hair. I wonder how fast the ancient Olympic horse racers went. Do you think that they could go as fast as a car?

    I'm looking forward to checking your blog again tomorrow to see if you've had time to complete another activity as part of the Winter Learning Journey programme. I hope so!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.